- 4 Base Card Slots – Can accommodate Digital Station, Analog Phone, and VCM base cards. Also accommodates the Legacy Card Carrier.
- Trunk Cards – Supports IP500 trunk daughter cards connected to IP500 Base Cards. Also supports IP400 trunk cards using the Legacy Card Carrier.
- VCM Card Slots – Supports a maximum of 128 channels
- Voicemail Channels – Maximum 30 usable for Voicemail Pro/TAPI WAV connection sessions
- 8 Expansion Ports – Compatible with Digital Station 16/30, Phone 8/16/30,So8, WAN3, and Analog Trunk 16.
- 2 LAN Ports – Full duplex 10/100 Mbps; managed layer 3 Ethernet switch
- 1 Dedicated Feature Key Smart Card Slot – Used for Smart Card Feature Key. Required for control unit use and activation of application licenses.
- Additional Ports – Music on-hold, DTE port, external relay switch for door entry controls, integral WAN port
- Includes power cord
- The Avaya IP500 (V1) Control Unit is compatible with the above base cards and external expansion modules
- Compatible with 1400, 2400, 5400, 6400, and 9500 series digital phones (configuration and SW level dependent)
- Compatible with 1600, 4600, 5600, and 9600 series IP phones (configuration and SW level dependent)